Sunday, December 20, 2009

Great News

Well I've been very absent here the past months. I've been meaning to write another post since mid September but just never felt up to it. That and I haven't been making anything recently so I felt that I did not have much to share.

But really there's lots to update on...

Bull and I found out the beginning of August we were expecting. We were ecstatic to say the least! We managed to keep our secret from everyone until the end of August when we were 8 weeks along. On Bull's birthday we told the family that we were pregnant.
A few short weeks later at our 12 week ultrasound the technician let us know that we were expecting not one baby but two! We were shocked, but very happy about having twins. As a fraternal twin myself I knew there was a chance we would have twins but I never expected it to happen, especially not on our first pregnancy.

So that's where we stand right now, I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant with our boy/girl twins. The pregnancy has been a relatively easy one. I was tired for the first four months or so but my energy has returned now. I'm getting bigger by the day but I am still feeling good.

My crafting has been at a standstill since the summer. I just didn't have the extra energy this fall. Since my energy has returned I've been focusing on getting the nursery (affectionately renamed the 'Bull Pen') ready, reading up on pregnancy and twins, and trying to get Christmas shopping and baking done. I've had good intentions to get some crafting in but as of yet it has not happened.

Hopefully once we get over the holidays I'll have some time and energy for a little crafting for these two new additions we are expecting. I've got yarn that would make beautiful blankets, or there's always lots of project opportunities in sewing for babies. Hopefully these babies will have a couple handmade things made by Mom. If not, I know Grandma H will pick up my slack and have all sorts of goodies made for them.
Here's a picture of my 24 week twin belly. It's all very real when I look down and see this!

Update: I dusted off the sewing machine today after I wrote this post. It was necesary as I had a broken dog leash that needed to have the handle loop sewn back together. Also I fixed a couple dog harnesses for a friend who dog sleds as a hobby in the winter. I think I'll leave the machine out, maybe I'll get inspired!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your pregnancy and on the news of twins. How exciting for you guys. Hope the rest of the pregnacy goes as well as the first part.

    ReplyDelete