So much for my good intentions about another post is less than a week.
Practicing a diamond stitch on a dish cloth.
This skirt I made yesterday, it's an elastic waist A line skirt. I followed the directions in the book Sew What Skirts to make this simple but cute skirt. I picked up a meter of this fabric almost two months ago. If I had known what length of skirt I really wanted to make I should have picked up one and a half meters. Since I was a little shy on fabric I decided to finish the hem with bias binding instead of heming the bottom up another inch. The hem sits just above my knees so it's not by any means way to short, I would just prefer another inch or so.
I will make it up to you by posting lots of pictures (keep in mind my standard of lots of pictures may be different than yours)
Lets start off with some knitting.
Practicing a diamond stitch on a dish cloth.I've been trying to see if I can knit a pair of baby legs. I've got a model coming over this weekend so we'll see if I'm anywhere near close to the right sizing. I really like this sock yarn. It's uber cute. I decided to just knit these straight across and them seam them as opposed to knitting them in the round. We'll see whether I regret that decision soon enough.
This skirt I made yesterday, it's an elastic waist A line skirt. I followed the directions in the book Sew What Skirts to make this simple but cute skirt. I picked up a meter of this fabric almost two months ago. If I had known what length of skirt I really wanted to make I should have picked up one and a half meters. Since I was a little shy on fabric I decided to finish the hem with bias binding instead of heming the bottom up another inch. The hem sits just above my knees so it's not by any means way to short, I would just prefer another inch or so.I think it looks fairly cute on, but I don't have any full length mirrors in my house so I can't be sure. I will have to post a picture at some point when I can have someone take one of me in the skirt.
A peek of something I'm making for my SIL's birthday.
And last but certainly not least an adorable picture of Natalie in the dress I made her. (Thanks Jen for letting me post this )See I have been busy! (kinda, alittle bit, sorta)

Looking busy to me! Lots of fun stuff going on over there! Natalie looks adorable in the dress you made her.
ReplyDeleteOoo! I likie surprises and hints ;)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait hun, I'm sure it'll be awesome :)
The skirt is cute. I'll take a pic for you this weekend when I bring the baby legs model. lol.
ReplyDelete