Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A New Hobby

After my wedding the beginning of October I began to wonder what I was going to do with all my spare time. Now that I wasn't planning a wedding and the thank yous were all done there would be all kinds of time to find a new hobby.
Well my mind turned to Christmas and gift ideas. I thought to myself that it might be nice to make some of the presents this year. I turned to the internet and started searching for ideas. When I stumbled upon all the amazing craft blogs there are out there. I got some great ideas so I decided to dig out the old sewing machine from the basement and see what I could do.
I've done a bit of sewing here and there throughout my life but this time it was different, I was making things I really enjoyed and that I was proud of. I kept searching for different ideas for new projects and found a host of amazing blogs. I liked them all so much I wanted to start one of my own. Also it seems there is an amazing community of crafting bloggers that I thought might be fun to be a part of.
So welcome. I'll be posting about sewing, crafting and life in general. I'm excited about the opportunities ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jules,
    Welcome to blogland and thank you for signing up for my PIF. Firstly, let me congratulate you on your recent marriage, you have more than one world of newness opening up for you. I am so pleased to be the first to welcome you, comment on your blog and to have you join in with my PIF. You can find my email in my profile. Please let me know your mailing details for future reference, and any colour preferences you may have, and you'll be sure to receive something from me sometime in the next 365 days, as the rules state. Sooner rather later though, I promise. And then like me, you need to work out how to transfer the details onto your blog too, but being younger you'll have no worries with that I'm sure. I'm still figuring, as you would have realised from reading my blog.
    I look forward to hearing from you soon, and to seeing some of your creations too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm honored to find a link to my blog on your new blog. I'm excited to see what you will be making and I'm sure I'll receive a little inspiration from you too! Congrats on your recent marriage, and welcome to the world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete