Tuesday, February 10, 2009

One Christmas Party, Two Baby Showers, One Weekend?

This past weekend was a little crazy. It started on Friday night. I was getting ready to host two baby showers for my sister, so that meant cleaning, making cheesecake and finishing a baby quilt. Saturday we had a family Christmas, then I hosted the first baby shower at my house Saturday night, then Sunday I hosted the second shower. Here are a few details. More will follow in another post.

My grandmother made tie quilts like this one for my sister and I when we were born. And for every other new baby in the family after that. I remember sitting at her kitchen table helping her do the ties. After my grandma passed away my mom took over making the quilts, and now for my nieces and nephews I plan on continuing the tradition. So I was up until midnight Friday finishing handstitching the top of the binding on. Nothing like leaving it until the last minute. But at least it got finished before the baby was born. Which is more than I can say about the one I made for my first niece last year.

Here is a picture of the finished diaper bag I mentioned in my last post. Once I sat down and put my mind to it, it really didn't take all that long to finish it up. I made a few changes from the hip mama diaper bag tutorial.

First I put the zipper in the flap instead of on the back of the bag. I omitted the inside pockets and used velcro for the closure instead of snaps.

I think it ended up looking not too bad. My mom was pretty impressed as was my sister.

Here's a picture of the diaper bag stuffed with some of the presents I got for my sis for her shower.
Finally I'll leave you with a picture of the cake I had made for the Sunday shower. It was pretty amazing. I have more pictures of the crafty activity I had our group of friends do for the Saturday night shower but those pictures deserve their own post.

1 comment:

  1. Good god woman!!!
    My brother has it waaaaay too good!

    ReplyDelete