At the grocery store last week I picked up some cute spring tea towels that were on sale.
The pair of towels was on for $1.24. I didn't think they would make very good tea towels because they don't seem very absorbent but they could make very cute other things. So I got two of the yellow set and one of the green set.
When I got home I decided I really liked them and I would look to pick up a couple more when I went back to the store. Two days later, I return and they have either all sold out or they have taken them off the shelf. Oh well...

I used a set of the yellow ones to make a pursey-baskety thing. I think I've got an idea where this might end up, but I can't let too much out of the bag. I picked up the handles at Fabricland, I like them but they are a little expensive for my liking. So next time I think I will just do a fabric handle.
The inside is lined with the plaid fabric, and this particular bag is completely reversible. I think it turned out pretty cute.

It is very cute!! What a great idea! If you wanted handles and didn't want to pay the price, sometimes you can get old bags/purses with good handles from Goodwill or St. Vincent de Paul (VV Boutique is still too expensive). However, fabric handles would work wonderfully too!
ReplyDelete