Anyways here are the books.
I was going to show you a couple pictures of some of my favourite projects from each of these books, but I've really only just skimmed through the books so I can't pick a favourite yet. You'll just have to wait until I make some of the wonderful projects inside.
On another note I'm going to a bridal shower for my cousins fiance this weekend. Mom and I have put our crafty minds together to come up with, what I think, is a pretty awesome present. We decided to make an apron, a table cloth, some napkins and include some wine glasses and a very cool decanter that was on her registry. I've also sewn some ribbon onto a couple tea towels and we found some coasters that matched our black and white theme.
Here's a picture of the hostess apron I made as part of the present.
Mom and I picked out the fabrics together. We struggled to find what we were looking for but I'm happy with what we ended up with. The apron is reversible the other side looks the same but the black panels are swapped (one black flower panel in the middle and two plain black panels on the outsides)
The inspiration for this design came from seeing this apron at Pier 1 Imports. I didn't like how there were only four panels on that apron, it just didn't seem to work out well, so I cut five panels for mine. I've also put four pleats in this apron to give a little more body, and to make it a little narrower. You can't see it well in this picture but I've also attached a tea towel loop so you can hang your tea towel off the apron.
I'll post more pictures of the whole gift when we get it all put together. I hope Kelly will like it.

Looks really good Jules
ReplyDeleteOOOooohhh...that's a good lookin' apron! Kelly will love the gift. PS The live Traffic feed kinda scares me. Although, I can see exactly when me, mom and Lisa all check the site. lol.
ReplyDeleteHi Julie,
ReplyDeleteLove your book selection. I have that AB book, I'm drawn to the booties every time I open it. Look forward to reading your thoughts on the Sew What! Skirt book. I so want to be extravagant and make myself a skirt out of some yummy fabric.
Take care, Mandy